Our lightweight agent-based or agentless collectors automate ultra-deep data collection from public and multi-tenant private cloud environments, software and users, and mapping data to customers.
Visualize and review all collected data, provide insights into the entire data estate and comparisons between license models and subscriptions.
Provide automated, deep analysis and insights into SPUR and SPLA Licensing, with automated cloud cost forecasting and cloud migration recommendations.
Get full and governed access to all data to import and synchronize with critical applications.
Use Octopus to create more success
- Lower software procurement costs
- Optimize infrastructure usage
- Provide accurate end customer billing
- Create clear cloud profitability analysis per end customer
- Create cost comparison between license models (e.g., SPLA vs CSP)
Reduce financial risk
- Minimize license compliance risk
- Reduce profitability loss after migration to public cloud
- Prevent overspending and overpayment to vendors
- Be ready for audits with confidence and prevent audit penalties
- Prevent underbilling of end customers
Improve compliance and efficiency
- Automate monthly tailored end-customer billing and billing reports
- Automate monthly comparison of usage
- Trigger process automation tools
- Build a single source of truth
Increase security (coming soon)
- End of support reports on applications
- User access tracking and analysis
- Patch management overview
- Security update reports on apps (from external service providers)
Benefits for service providers
FinOps is an operational framework that brings finance, operations, and technology together in a way that helps service providers overcome the complexity and challenges of cloud financial management.
FinOps gives service providers better clarity and control over the cloud costs and responsibilities across their entire data ecosystem. That’s a major advantage that can help them to improve profitability, reduce financial risk, improve compliance and efficiency, and increase security.
Adopting FinOps requires cultural change so that finance, operations, and technology teams are working efficiently together. The Octopus FinOps platform unlocks data that can be used across all these teams – enhancing collaboration while providing the deep insights and strict governance needed for FinOps to be implemented successfully.