What is the SPLA Program?
At its core, the SPLA Program is designed to help software providers and businesses offer Microsoft product-based software services to third parties. It's structured with flexibility in mind, ensuring that service providers can seamlessly scale their offerings based on demands.
Key Features of the SPLA Program:
Term and Linkage:
The SPLA agreement lasts for three years and is linked to the Microsoft Business and Services Agreement (MBSA).
Purpose and Use:
The main objective is to grant software use rights, allowing providers to offer “Software Services” to third parties.
Flexible Pricing and Commitment:
It’s not volume-specific, which means there’s no upfront commitment.
A minimum reporting requirement is set at 100€ after the first six months.
Organizations are mandated to report their software usage every month.
Latest Software Versions:
One of the biggest draws is the ability to always offer the most recent versions of the software to end-users.
The SPLA program offers the following licensing models:
SAL (Subscriber Access License)
Host/Guest License Model
Pricing and Availability:
The program ensures price protection, and there's even academic pricing available for qualified educational end-users.
Products can be easily downloaded through the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC), and e-agreements streamline the process further.
- Internal Use: It allows internal usage of the software, but with a stipulation. If internal usage exceeds 50% of the total usage by all end-users, it has to be reported and paid for.
- Customer Demonstrations: Providers can use up to 50 active user IDs to showcase Software Services to potential customers, and this usage doesn't need to be reported.
- Customer Evaluations: End-customers can try out the software products free of charge for up to 60 days.
- Evaluation and Testing: Internally, software can be tested and evaluated for up to 90 days from the day it’s downloaded, at no cost.
- Server Administrators: Up to 20 administrators per datacenter can be employed at a given time.